10.16.2012

Playin' Hooky with Zac Brown?

Hey there! You probably already know all the things my family has been through this summer. If not you can read my other posts about our baby girl, Bryn. This morning I was having an especially hard time. I miss her smile, her voice, and her sparkle more than I could ever possibly explain. All the emotions were getting very overwhelming and I felt like I was going in slow motion. But then someone on my Facebook page suggested that I send my beanie to the Zac Brown Band. They thought it'd be perfect and that maybe, just maybe he'd wear it on stage! And for some reason thinking about it gave me a purpose and a reason to smile.

So here I am, starting a full on campaign to see if I can get a response from the band. And here's what you can do to get in on it!

For the Tweeters (...Tweeps?... Twits?...): Check out my original Tweet. Reply to me and @ZacBrownBand telling them that you want to see Zac play some hooky!
https://twitter.com/PlayinHookyHats/status/258244224934375424

For the Facebookers: Post on the band's wall OR comment on my post to let them know what you think!
https://www.facebook.com/zacbrownband/posts/360728807348639

To anyone from the band who sees this: Your fans love you and if it weren't for them, I wouldn't have even thought about sending a hat. So thanks for being awesome and no matter what happens, I'm now a fan for life!!

To all my fans who join the campaign. Thank you for all of your amazing support. You are one reason that I'm able to smile every day.

The beanie that started it all

And for your listening & viewing pleasure... Here's some Chicken Fried!

PLAY HARD ~ PLAY HOOKY

11 comments:

  1. Don't know what I'm doing on twitter, but I tried.good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Done and done...on Twitter AND Facebook! I hope he responds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much!!! You have no idea how much it means to me that everyone has gotten behind me. Even if I never hear from the band, it's amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Done! I love your designs but had no idea about your daughter. I have three kids myself and have can't even begin to imagine what you are going through. My prayers are with you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I....I just posted the link to this post on the FB fan page... and now on to Twitter!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. commented and sharing on FB! We <3 Zac Brown!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tweeted and commented on your FB post. GOOD LUCK!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I went to see them in Charleston SC this last weekend. They were awesome! At the merchandise booth they were selling their own beanies for $30 each. They were all a brown variegated color, done in bldc. I was hoping to be close enough to throw him a hat that I made and brought along but wasn't. Good luck in your endeavor!

    ReplyDelete
  9. They came to Virginia Beach and I had no luck getting a beanie to them! But I am on your side to make this happen!

    I have been keeping you in my prayers and think about you often.

    October 17, 2012 my oldest son had a massive asthma attack and he had a panic attack to go with it. He's been doing so well and out of the blue this happened.
    He's on 4 meds now.

    He's afraid to fall asleep. I wish he still lived with me I would watch him sleep. Anyway...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm trying my hardest not to just sit and sob my eyes out about your baby girl. I know I could never imagine what you must be going through. I hope your hat makes it to the Zac Brown Band and when that day comes, I hope it makes you smile BIG! You were so gracious to give the Brain Waves beanie pattern for free. I want to start donating all of the proceeds I ever make on this hat somewhere for Asthma research. Do you happen to have information on an organization where those donations could be made? I want to set up a special section on my page. You can also email me at medomesticated@gmail.com I will continually keep you and your family in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete